1. Payment & ReservationsA deposit of 25% is required for land only at time of booking, together with a signed booking form and confirm that you have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions. Documents can only be released upon receipt of final payment and supporting documentation. Payment in full is required for all international and domestic flights at the time of ticketing. Special terms and conditions regarding deposits, payments, and cancellation fees may be imposed by various service providers from time to time
All reservations are subject to such terms and conditions and it is your duty to ensure that you are familiar with the special terms and conditions of any such service provider. Chandini Travel and Tours acts as agent only for such service providers and you will be deemed to contract with them directly subject to their special terms and conditions as aforesaid. Please request your consultant to furnish you with a copy of these service provider's special terms and conditions and ensure that you familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions. Should you be unsure about any of these special terms and conditions or should any of the terms and conditions be unclear to you please contact us in order that we may explain same to you and clarify any points which are unclear.
In the event of any payment being dishonoured, we reserve the right on behalf of ourselves and our service providers to cancel all services, arrangements and bookings automatically. We furthermore reserve the right to claim any reasonable cancellation penalty and / or any damages to cover any costs incurred by ourselves as a result of the dishonoured payment
2. PricesChandini Travel and Tours endeavors to maintain prices quoted and published. However, where increases do occur, as a result of currency fluctuations, airfare increases, hoteliers and other factors outside our control arise, prior to receipt of full payment of the prices quoted, you will be notified of such increases and acceptance of any booking shall be subject to acceptance of the increases in prices quoted.
3. Itinerary VariationsWhilst every effort is made to follow all confirmed itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. This does not constitute a reason for a refund
4. AccommodationWe reserve the right to substitute confirmed hotel, cruisers and other accommodation with others of a similar or higher category, at no additional cost to you. Check-in time is usually 14.00 hrs, and check-out time latest 12.00 noon. For early/late check-in/out, an additional fee will apply.
5. Excluded in tour priceAirport and border taxes, cost of passports, visas, laundry, porterage, telephone calls, food and beverages (unless specified: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner), and other items of a personal nature which are listed as optional or not included in the tour cost. Only such airfares as per itinerary are included. Tips to hotel staff, guides and drivers are left to your discretion. We urge clients to conform to international standards with regard to tipping. A guide to recommended rates will be given.
6. DocumentationIt is the personal responsibility of each individual to ensure that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to departure. The company shall not accept any responsibility for any consequences of any nature whatsoever, arising from the passengers failing to ensure that they have complied with the necessary health/passport/visa requirements
Passports (International travel): your passport MUST BE VALID FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER YOUR DATE OF RETURN on any trip. You will not be allowed into a country if your passport expires before the 6 month period. If you are a South African permanent resident travelling on a foreign passport, you must make sure you have the right documentation from home affairs to travel.
Your travel documents have to be in the name appearing on your passport. You are required to let your consultant know which passport you will be traveling on. Married women: Passport detail must be the same as in Home Affairs records. Identity documents: all travel documents must be in the name which appears on your identity documents.
Drivers Licence: Always take your South African drivers licence along with your international drivers licence when renting vehicles overseas.
Visas: South Africans often need a visa to travel. Check all border crossings, especially if you are on a cruise. If you CROSS ANY OCEAN BORDER, you may need a visa according to the maritime law of the country concerned. If you need any information regarding visa's please let us know. We can obtain such information from an external visa advisory service provider on your behalf. If visa suppliers do not supply the correct advice, any claims must be made to the visa company. If your entry into any country is denied, this may be a customs, internal security or home affairs issue and outside of Chandini Travel and TOURS and the visa suppliers control. We cannot be held liable for any claims resulting from a country refusing your entry. We also cannot be held liable for incorrect advice given by visa companies or embassies. For guidelines on visa requirements by the country you are visiting, see www.dfa.gov.za/consular/travel_advice.htm (visa requirements). Allow a reasonable time for visa applications.
Vaccinations: check with your travel doctor which vaccinations are required by the country you are visiting or visit www.meditravel.co.za, also check on the website whether you may leave the airport at stopovers in countries on your way to your final destination, they may be in quarantine.
Foreign currency: can assist you with foreign currency or traveller cheques. Ensure you have enough time to collect the currency before your departure. Foreign currency is provided by third party suppliers, whose performance is outside of our control.
Itineraries: Check your departure times on itineraries, check to see that your travel documents tie up with the itinerary, know your travel plan.
Travel advice: for current issues which might affect you or other advice visit DFA
Health and medical requirements: it is a requirement from some cruise suppliers that you are physically fit to travel and that you will obey the rules and regulations of the ship and orders and instructions from the ship's officers and medical staff. Cruise liners reserve their rights to require guests to disembark or to refuse to board a guest who in the judgement of the ship's Master or Medical Officer, is unfit to travel or may require care that is beyond the care which the ship is able to give. Pregnant women who have entered their twenty-fourth week of pregnancy will not be allowed to board Cruise liners.
Special requirements: Please liaise with your consultant regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests. We will forward these requests but it is the responsibility of the supplier to honour your requests.